Market agents committee
The Market Agents Committee is a highly important body for the Market Operator, which is in charge of supervising the functioning of the system's economic management and the proposal of measures that may result in better functioning of the electrical power production market.
In accordance with market regulation, the Market Agents Committee's functions are:
- Carrying out follow-up on the day-ahead and intraday production market and the development of matching and settlement processes.
- Being informed, through the Market Operator, of incidents which have taken place in the operation of the day-ahead and intraday market.
- Proposing operational rules to the Market Operator that could bring about operational improvement on the day-ahead and intraday markets.
- Offering advice to the Market Operator in order to resolve incidents that may occur during trading sessions.
- Obtaining periodical information from the Market Operator on aspects that allow for analysis of the level of competition on the day-ahead and intraday electrical power production markets.
- Any other function which is assigned to it by regulations that are in effect in order to improve market operation.
The Market Agents Committee's structure is regulated in the following manner:
- Six representatives for producers from facilities not belonging to renewable energy sources (except for those that are part of a hydraulic management unit), high-efficiency cogeneration, and waste.
- Four representatives for producers from facilities involving renewable energy (except for those that are part of a hydraulic management unit), high-efficiency cogeneration, and waste.
- One representative for agents acting as representatives.
- One representative for non-resident retailers.
- Two representatives for leading retailers.
- Four representatives for retailers.
- Three representatives for consumers.
- Two representatives for “OMI-POLO ESPAÑOL, S.A. (OMIE)."
- One representative for each of the Spanish and Portuguese System Operators, who have no right to vote or hold the Chair.
The Chairperson and Secretary of this body will be elected by the day-ahead production market agents from among its members.
As established by regulation, the members of the Market Agents Committee will be representatives for the most important associations from each activity, as per their volume of energy on the day-ahead production market.
You can see the current list of members of Market Agents Committee by clicking on the following link.
You can see the text of the resolution that establishes the rotation system for electing the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and Secretary of the Market Agents Committee.
Rotation system for the offices of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and Secretary
The Market Agents Committee has internal regulations for operation that establish the frequency of sessions, the proceedings for convening, and the proceedings for adopting agreements.
You can see the text for the Market Agents Committee's Internal Regulations by clicking on the following link.
Agreements and presentations
Information published at the request of the Market Agents Committee.