The Market Participants Committee is defined as the body set up to oversee the financial management of the system and to propose measures to improve the running of the electric power production market.
Specifically, the functions of the Market Participants Committee are as follows:
- To carry out a follow-up of the daily and intra-day production market and the development of the matching and settlement processes.
- To be informed, by the Market Operator, on faults which have taken place in the operation of the daily and intra-day markets.
- To suggest to the Market Operator operational rules which could bring an operational improvement on the daily and intra-day production markets.
- To provide advice to the Market Operator in order to resolve faults which occur on hiring sessions.
- To obtain periodical information from the Market Operator on those aspects which allow the analysis of the level of competition on the daily and intra-day electrical energy production markets.
- Any other function which is given to it by regulations in force to improve market operation.
The members of the Market Participants Committee shall be as follows:
- Six representatives of the producers of facilities that do not involve renewable energy sources (except for those that are part of a hydro management unit), high-efficiency co-generation and wastes.
- Four representatives of the producers of facilities involving renewable energy (except for those that are part of a hydro management unit), high-efficiency co-generation and wastes.
- One representative of the agents acting as representatives.
- One representative of non-resident retailers.
- Two representatives of reference retailers.
- Four representatives of retailers.
- Three representatives for consumers.
- Two representatives for the “OMI-POLO ESPAÑOL, S.A. (OMIE)” (the Spanish Market Operator).
- One representative of each one of the Spanish and Portuguese System Operators, with no right to vote or hold the office of chair.
The Chairman and Secretary of the Market Participants Committee shall be elected by and from among its members.
Members of the Committee in groups "a" to "g" will be representatives of the most significant associations of each activity, depending on the volume of energy negotiated on the daily production market. None of these groups will be able to hold all the positions in a group, except in the case that there is a single representative.
The office of Market Participants Committee member will be unremunerated.
The Market Participants Committee shall approve its own internal regulations governing, inter alia, the frequency of committee meetings, the procedure by which meetings will be convened and the procedure for the adoption of resolutions and agreements.
Members of the Committee
Click on the following link to see a list of the present members of the Market Agents Committee
Members and date of appointment.
System of rotation for the offices of Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary
Click on the following link to see the text of the resolution establishing the system of rotation for the election of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary of the Market Agents Committee.
Click on the following link to see the text of the Internal Regulations of the Market Agents Committee.
Agreements and presentations
Information published to request of the Committee of Agents of the Market.